Application Form for Canadian Citizens or
Permanent Residents of Canada
Thank you for your interest in L’Arche communities in Canada. The following are some things you need to consider before completing the application for one of our communities:
- As a live-in Assistant, you will typically live with 5-7 other people in a home.
- Our model integrates living and working and therefore, responsibilities extend beyond typical workplace hours with personal time built into the structure of each day.
- Assistants support Core Members (persons with intellectual disabilities) with personal care and support in daily activities.
- You will be expected to do a share of the housework including: cooking, cleaning, laundry, and shopping.
- All L’Arche communities have a spiritual dimension. We expect Assistants to be open to and supportive of each other’s spirituality and our community practices.
- Community life in L’Arche will include attending community meetings, events, trainings, and formations.
Please have your CV or Resume ready as you will be asked to upload your CV or Resume as the final step of completing the application form. Applications without a CV or resume will not be accepted